Pinellas County is a is a peninsula surrounded by the Gulf Of Mexico located in Florida. Its 2010 population was 916,542. Pinellas, together with Hillsborough, Hernando, and Pasco counties form the Tampa-St.Petersburg-Clearwater Metropolitan Statistical Area, and along with various combinations of Manatee and Sarasota counties to the south, Citrus County to the north, and Polk County to the east is often referred to as the Greater Tampa Bay Area.
Pinellas County FL Geography
The county has a total area of 607.67 square miles which is divided into 46% land and 53.94% water. It is the second smallest county in Florida. However it is smallest in land area. Due to the small size and high population, Pinellas County is basically built out and very little land for development is left. There are approximately 35 miles of beaches that make up the 11 barrier islands which serve as storm protection for the inland areas.
Pinellas County FL Communities
- Bay Pines
- Belleair Beach
- Belleair Bluffs
- Belleair Shore
- Clearwater Beach
- Crystal Beach
- Indian Rocks Beach
- Indian Shores
- Kenneth City
- Madeira Beach
- North Redington Beach
- Palm Harbor
- Pinellas Park
- Redington Beach
- Redington Shores
- Safety Harbor
- South Pasadena
- St Pete Beach
- St Petersburg
- Tarpon Springs
- Treasure Island
Pinellas County FL Barrier islands and passes
- Anclote Key- offshore of Tarpon Springs and the northernmost point in the county
- Howard Park- a man-made pocket beach created in the 1960s
- Three Rooker Bar- the most geologically recent of Pinellas’ barrier islands
- Honeymoon Island
- Hurricane Pass
- Caladesi Island
- Dunedin Pass- shoaled and closed in the 1980s, linking Caladesi Island and Clearwater Beach
- Clearwater Beach
- Clearwater Pass
- Sand Key- the longest of Pinellas’ barrier islands
- John’s Pass
- Treasure Island
- Blind Pass
- Long Key (St. Pete Beach)
- Pass-a-Grille Channel
- Shell Key
- Tierra Verde- on the bay side of Shell Key, links the mainland to Ft. De Soto. Created by a dredge-and-fill project that merged several smaller Keys, including Cabbage and Pine Keys
- Bunces Pass
- Mullet Key- home to Ft. De Soto and the southernmost point in the county
Pinellas County FL National protected area
- Pinellas National Wildlife Refuge
Pinellas County FL State protected areas
- Honeymoon Island State Park
- Caladesi Island State Park
- Anclote Key Preserve State Park
Pinellas County FL parks and preserves
- A.L. Anderson Park, Tarpon Springs
- Boca Ciega Millenium Park, Seminole
- John Chesnut Sr. Park, Palm Harbor
- Eagle Lake Park, Largo
- Fort De Soto Park, Tierra Verde
- Fred Howard Park, Tarpon Springs
- Lake Seminole Park, Seminole
- Philippe Park, Safety Harbor
- Ridgecrest Park, Largo
- Sand Key Park, Clearwater
- Sawgrass Lake Park, St. Petersburg
- John S. Taylor Park, Largo
- Wall Springs Park, Palm Harbor
- Walsingham Park, Largo
- War Veterans Memorial Park, St. Petersburg
- Brooker Creek Preserve
- Mobbly Bayou Preserve
- Shell Key Preserve
- Weedon Island Preserve
Pinellas County FL Real Estate
If you’re in the market to buy Real Estate in Pinellas County, FL or thinking about relocating to Real Estate in Pinellas County, FL, you’ll find many residential options from which to choose.Pinellas County, FL Real Estate and Housing.
Whether you’re looking for Real Estate in Pinellas County, FL luxury and estate homes in Pinellas County, FL single-family homes, in Pinellas County, FL town homes or short sales in Pinellas County, FL, we are Realtors in Pinellas County, FL that can help you find exactly what you’re looking for!
Pinellas County FL Public Schools
Pinellas County School District is the nation’s 24th largest system comprising 143 schools- 72 Elementary, 17 Middles, 17 High Schools plus 35 additional ESE, Adult, Technical and Charter Schools. In addition there are several very notable nationally recognized private schools.
Pinellas County FL Colleges/Universities
Eckerd College, University of South Florida – St Petersburg, Stetson University College of Law, Schiller International University
Pinellas County FL Hospitals/Medical Centers
- All Children’s Hospital
- Bay Pines VA Medical Center
- Bayfront Medical Center (Trauma Center)
- Helen Ellis Memorial Hospital
- Largo Medical Center
- Mease Countryside Hospital
- Mease Dunedin Hospital
- Morton Plant Hospital
- Northside Hospital and Tampa Bay Heart Institute
- Palms of Pasadena
- St Anthony’s Hospital
- St Petersburg General Hospital
Pinellas County FL Recreation
Of course the world class beaches are available year round for fun and sun. And believe me they are terrific! Golf Courses dot the landscape and also make a beautiful backdrop for many golf course communities.
This area is home to Honeymoon Island State Park, Caladesi Island St Park and Anclote Key Preserve State Park.
Two of the largest freshwater lakes, Lake Tarpon to the north of the county and Lake Seminole toward the southern mid section are popular for fishing, skiing and kayaking.
Fort De Soto Park and Caladesi Island have had the distinction of being named “America’s Top Beach” by Dr. Beach.
The Tampa Bay Rays play baseball at Tropicana Field in St Petersburg and many baseball teams have spring training in the area. The Philadelphia Phillies train in Clearwater and the Toronto Blue Jays play in Dunedin. Minor league baseball teams the Clearwater Threshers and the Dunedin Blue Jays play in Dunedin.
Pinellas County FL Airports
Pinellas County is serviced by Tampa International Airport as well as the St. Petersburg/Clearwater International Airport.
We are members of the Greater Tampa Association of Realtors, Central Pasco Association of Realtors, Florida Association of Realtors, and National Association of Realtors, as well as the Mid-Florida Regional Multiple Listing Service.
These relationships ensure that our Buyers will have access to the thousands of homes available for sale in Hillsborough County, Pasco County, and Pinellas County Florida while also providing our Sellers with internet exposure to capture these buyers, looking to purchase a home.
As your Pinellas County Real Estate Trusted Advisors, we are not only committed to helping you buy or sell your home, but also serve as your Navigator, Negotiator, and Consultant. We have a fiduciary responsibility to you and intend to guide you with knowledge and integrity.
Please call, text, email or fill out the online contact form today, to discuss how we can best assist you with your Pinellas County Area Real Estate needs.